Number of Posts: 71
Darren is an international student by day, stranger amongst strangers by night. He peers at the city behind the lens of a dislocated foreigner; with an assuring smile he knows everything is familiar. He has been doing this through most of his years, anyway.
When not struggling to earn his BA, Darren writes, takes photographs, listens to unpopular music, and most recently collects books by Dave Eggers. Other unrelated quirks include having a favourite cashier at Safeway (referred to as "My Favourite Cashier"), sporadically crossing the intersection of Lt. Bourke St. and Swanston St. diagonally, and caring for his six-year-old Gary Fisher bicycle.
Darren keeps to himself a rather bittersweet perspective of life, now and then evident in the quips and short stories he writes on his blog. But that's just him, and if you ever ask, he'll tell you everything's fine.
His photojournal, which is much less pessimistic, and usually a whole lot more colourful, is titled Trademark Unregistered For Now.
- Free brekkie for mums and families, 15 Oct 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- Street Postmodernist Wisdom, 05 Oct 2008 in Photo
- Oh no! John So is stepping down…, 02 Oct 2008 in News
- Nightmare!, 20 Sep 2008 in Living in Melbourne&News
- CBD Beach, 16 Aug 2008 in Living in Melbourne&News
- Speed cameras out to get you, 05 Aug 2008 in Living in Melbourne&News&Websites
- Too much bad press, 04 Aug 2008 in News
- Who’d be living at Parkville?, 22 Jun 2008 in Living in Melbourne&News
- "wtf… fog.", 02 Jun 2008 in Uncategorized
- Melbourne – racist?, 25 May 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- Victorian Police Showband at Federation Square, 23 May 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- Say that again?: Tight weapon-control laws in Australia?, 14 May 2008 in Living in Melbourne&News
- Chain mail education: Money-saving at the petrol stations, 12 May 2008 in Living in Melbourne&Transportation
- Moving more people everyday, 26 Apr 2008 in Living in Melbourne&Television&Transportation&Video
- What are you doing there, mate?, 21 Apr 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- On being blown/swept away, 28 Mar 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- Moomba Waterfest 2008, 07 Mar 2008 in Events&Living in Melbourne
- All the dis-orientation, 27 Feb 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- Brains on Swanston St., heart in QV, 13 Jan 2008 in Living in Melbourne
- Christmas in the City, 16 Dec 2007 in Events